Saturday, August 17, 2013

Mind-Body-Spirit Paradigm

          Hi everyone!
     This meditative practice took too long for me because it was not the right setting. I think that if I had been out on the beach and just meditating and thinking about loving-kindness the outcome could have been different. Meditation does help me find my "calm space" as my 4 year old daughter calls it. It allows me to make decisions with clarity and wisdom. I have intentions of incorporating a routine that includes swimming, listening to worship music then reading my Bible after school starts on Monday. I know from previous experiences that this starts my day off on the right foot and it seems like I gain time.                  
     The saying "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" means that you have to walk the talk or do what you are telling other people to do. It helps when we are working with clients because we can get on their level and understand the obstacles and difficulties they will face along the way. I do have an obligation to keep developing all aspects of my life so that I can continue with wisdom. When I see a person that is overweight, for instance, I do not think they are as credible to give someone nutrition advice. Although, I have also had to think that they may have been much heavier and now they are down to a healthier weight. I don't like to judge a person upon sight. I am currently maintaining my relationship with the Lord and continually renewing my mind and replacing all negativity and and mental disturbances with loving-kindness.         
Hoping everyone has a fabulous weekend! ~Julia:)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julia,
    It sounds like meditation has been helping you and you have a good plan that combines this as well as spirituality and exercise. Giving clarity and wisdom around our everyday choices is a good result and I find the same thing when I make it a point to start my day with meditation. I think that as we transform our own inner thoughts it will help others, whether it's weight-loss or other issues, to go through their own journey with changing mindset and inner thoughts to achieve the success they set out to do. Enjoy your week!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear about all the good results that everyone gets from meditation and really wish it would work for me. I think it takes to long for me to find the focus I need so I get frustrated and stop. It sound like meditation has worked well for you. Good luck to you in your journey of spiritual growth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia,
    It seems like you got it figured out. You got a good plan in finding ways to incorporate mind/body/spirit fitness. Keep up the good job!
    I agree with you that one cannot teach what he or she does not know. One got to "walk it like he or she talks it". If not, it does bring a credibility issue.
    Great blog!
    Browny.

    ReplyDelete