Friday, August 9, 2013

Integral Assessment

Hi everyone!
    The loving-kindness exercise was not effective for me once again. However, it made me think that the thoughts that we dwell upon are the people that we become. I like to think about these things at all times and be in prayer so I guess it would be similar to what the exercise had us do.
     I really enjoyed doing the integral assessment because it made me consciously think about all aspects of my life and how I am responding to them. This helps me make positive decisions and carry them out effectively. I find that completing this assessment is helping me progress to the next level. It creates an open mind that can absorb many perspectives and sort out the truth quickly and carry on.
    I have discovered that I need to spend more time in the spiritual realm. This is where I find my peace and stay grounded in who I am. I need to manage my time wisely and schedule in my time to reflect and pray. When I pray it is a lot like the loving-kindness exercise and since I am already doing it, I don't think it is as effective for me. I don't like to pray just when things go wrong but be in prayer at all times. God is not a drive-thru. :) Looking forward to hearing from all of you! ~Julia

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia,

    The loving-kindness exercise was not effective for me either. Just like the loving-kindness guided meditation I couldn't stay focused. I also could not remember what I was supposed to say.

    I enjoyed the integral assessment but feel like I need to work on the biological quadrant, although I could use some work in the spritual realm as well. I like what you said that "God is not a drive-thru". So true!!

    Great job on your blog! I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete